Tax Payment Information

Failure to Pay on Time:
If either installment is late, the TOTAL UNPAID tax is delinquent and subject to interest and penalty at a rate of 1.5% per month retroactive from February until paid in full.


The town, village and county treasurers mail the real estate and personal property tax bills in December.  If you do not receive your tax bill by December 30th, please verify your mailing address with your town, village or county treasurer. 


Real Estate Payment Options:

  1. Pay the entire bill in full to the Town, Village or County by January 31st: or
  2. Pay the first installment to the Town, Village or County by January 31st and the second installment to the Dunn County Treasurer by July 31st (installment amounts are noted on the tax bill).

All delinquent and postponed real property taxes must be paid to the County.

Dunn County collects all taxes for the following: 

  • Town of Otter Creek
  • Town of Rock Creek
  • Town of Sand Creek
  • Town of Sherman
  • Town of Stanton
  • Town of Wilson
  • Village of Boyceville
  • Village of Colfax
  • Village of Elk Mound
  • Village of Knapp
  • Village of Ridgeland
  • Village of Wheeler
  • City of Menomonie

Method of Payment:

  • Checks to the County should be made payable to: Dunn County Treasurer
  • Payments in Person: Payments that are hand delivered must be made to the proper treasurer by the due date.
  • Payments by mail: Payments that are mailed must be postmarked on the 31st and received no later than 5 working days after the payment due date. Mail to: Dunn County Treasurer, 3001 US Hwy 12 E, Suite 102A, Menomonie, WI   54751
  • Credit Card or E-Check online*
  • Credit Card or E-Check by phone *
    • Paying by phone is an automated system offered by Official Payments (ACI). * The phone number is 1-888-272-9829. Please use Jurisdiction code 5803 to route your payment to our office. The customer service number is 1-800-487-4567 option 4 if you have questions or need help using their program to make a payment.
*Parcel number means tax Id number found in the upper right-hand corner of your tax statement. Enter the 19 digit number with no spaces or dashes.  There is a fee for this service.

Personal Property Taxes:

  • All personal property taxes for businesses and mobile homes are due to the town, village or County treasurer by January 31st.  
  • Second half payments are made to your local Treasurer, not to the Dunn County Treasurer.