Dunn County Parks

22 Mile Ford Park 

  •  22-Mile Ford Park was donated to Dunn County by the Township of Grant in 1929.  At some point the park was purchased by the Colfax Rod and Gun Club, inc., developed and given back to Dunn County in 1960.  It has a historical background dating back to the days of the Knapp Stout Lumber Company, which used the ford to cross the river before there was a bridge.  They used the surrounding area for its lumbering interests, bunkhouse, warehouse and hotel.
  • Amenities: Restrooms, Fishing, Playground, Picnic Tables, Boat Landing


Caddie Woodlawn Park

  • Caddie Woodlawn Park site was donated to Dunn County by Arnold Flick and Isabelle Hintzman in 1969. The original house that author Carrie Ryrie Brink lived in was moved to the park in 1970.  The park project was originally launched by the Dunn County Historical Society with the assistance of many organizations and people.  In real life, the book Caddie Woodlawn, written by Carrie Brink, was about Mrs. Brink’s grandmother. The story is based upon her grandmother’s life in the Downsville area during pioneer days.  The park is designated on the official State Historical Society map and a historical marker is placed on the park grounds.  In 2006, the Sunrise Rotary of Menomonie completed a renovation project of the original house. 
  • Amenities: Restrooms, Picnic Tables, Historic Buildings
  • You can find more information about the history of Caddie Woodlawn from the Dunn County Historical Society website. 


Champney Park

  • Champney Park was created in honor of Allen G. Champney, Dunn County Game Warden, after his death in 1958.  The park was purchased and developed by five conservation clubs in the County with the help of contributions of individuals and groups.  It was donated to Dunn County in 1959.  Champney Park is 3½  acres with 277 feet of lake frontage.
  • Amenities: Restrooms, Fishing, Playground, Picnic Tables, Boat Landing


Eau Galle Park

  • Eau Galle Park and historical site was given to Dunn County in 1965.  The power potential of the rocky gorge at the dam site was of interest to Captain George Wales and Thomas Savage only five years after the first white man visited the site.  A  water powered saw mill was built there in 1838.  Other business changes followed until 1886 when it was converted into a mill for the grinding of feed and flour. The water power here was turned to the production of electricity with the founding of the Durand Light and Power Company in 1898.  In 1927, it was sold to Wisconsin Electric Hydro and acquired by Northern States Power in 1957, who operated the power plant until it was passed on to Dunn County in 1965.


Kleist Landing

  • Kleist Landing was donated to Dunn County by the Dunn County Fish and Game Club of Menomonie in 1990.  The Club’s primary interest in developing this landing was to provide year around access and parking for anglers using lower Lake Tainter.
  • Amenities: Fishing, Boat Landing


Lambs Creek Park

  • Lambs Creek Park was donated to Dunn County by Georgia Joselyn in 1935.  It consists of 2.75 acres.  The park has 250 feet of water frontage.  Before the creation of Lake Tainter by the dam in Cedar Falls, this was the site of a 25 foot high water falls.  Pictures dating from 1875 show that it was a popular spot for families to picnic and fish.
  • Amenities: Restrooms, Fishing, Playground, Picnic Tables, Boat Landing


Menomin Park

  • Lake Menomin Park located on the east shore of Lake Menomin was originally part of the Dunn County Health Care Center property. In approximately 1982, Dunn County decided to turn this one hundred and forty seven acre parcel into a nature park. In conjunction with the State Department of Natural Resources, approximately thirty four acres were converted into native prairie grassland. This beautiful park has 5+ miles of mountain biking trails ranging in difficulty that are maintained by the Chippewa Off Road Bicycle Association (CORBA).
  • Amenities: Fishing, Picnic Tables, Hiking Trails, Mountain Biking Trails. 


Northwest Landing

  • Northwest Landing was donated to Dunn County by the Northwest Rod and Gun Club in 1958.  This landing was developed by the Rod and Gun Club for the public to have access to Tainter Lake for the purpose of boating, fishing, swimming, picnicking and such other proper public uses. The landing is 3840 square feet, approximately .09 acres.
  • Amenities: Restrooms, Fishing, Picnic Tables, Boat Landing


Peninsula Park

  • Peninsula Park is located on upper Tainter Lake at the mouth of the Hay River.  The deed states that is parcel of land shall be used only for park purposes and that the park is to remain in its natural state and that no major expenditures shall be allocated for improvements on this parcel. This park was deeded to Dunn County in December, 1979.
  • Amenities: Fishing, Boat Landing


Pineview Park

  • Pineview Park, previously known as “Welch’s Point” was donated in 1961 to Dunn County by the Eau Galle Sportsmen’s Club.  The park has 4 acres of land on Lake Eau Galle with 400 feet of waterfront.  The Sportsmen’s Club had purchased the land from Vaughan Welch. Swimming, fishing and boating draw most people to this park.  There is also a handicap accessible fishing pier.
  • Amenities: Restrooms, Fishing, Playground, Picnic Tables, Boat Landing


Russian Slough

  • Russian Slough is an ninety acre parcel that was purchased from Elsie Krevitsky by Dunn County in 1985. The mouth of the Red Cedar River empties into the east side of Lake Tainter at this park.  This land is used as habitat for public hunting and fishing.  The DNR closes this park in the spring as it is protected walleye spawning ground.  There are no amenities or boat landing at this park.


Thatcher Park

  • Thatcher Park was donated by Lester and Edna Thatcher to Dunn County in 1951.  It is the northern most park in Dunn County on County Trunk K, six miles north of Connersville.  The park borders along a class A trout steam, which is part of the South Fork of the Hay River.
  • Amenities: Picnic Tables