Child Care Assistance

What is Child Care Assistance?

The Child Care Subsidy Program, also called Wisconsin Shares, supports low-income working families by subsidizing a portion of the cost of quality child care while the parents or caregivers are working or participating in another approved activity. You may visit the Wisconsin Department of Children’s and Families website for more information.


Am I Eligible?

Download and read the Wisconsin Shares Eligibility Guidelines brochure


How do I Apply?

Individuals interested in applying can apply in the following ways:

  • Contact the Great Rivers Call Center at 1-888-283-0012
    • Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri from 8am – 4pm and Wed from 8am – 11am
  • Online via ACCESS
  • Apply using our paper application, click here
    • You can then fax the application to 1-855-293-1822;
    • Mail to CDPU, PO Box 5234, Janesville, WI 53547-5234; or
    • Drop off at Dunn County Human Services. Your filing date will be the date we receive your application.
    • Apply in person at Dunn County Human Services during our lobby hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

I lost my My WIChildCare EBT Card. Who do I call?

  • Please contact 1-877-201-7601

Other Helpful Child Care Resources