Planning & Land Use (Zoning)

We provide assistance in developing, interpreting and maintaining compatible land uses and consistent land use controls within Dunn County. The divisions are charged with the development of plans, ordinances and programs to protect the health, safety and welfare of our citizens. We encourage the use of a comprehensive planning process to assist county staff, elected officials, town boards and residents in preparation for a sustainable future. 


CALL US FOR AN APPOINTMENT:  Although we try to have staff available for walk-ins, we can't guarantee someone will be available to assist you without an appointment. Please call 715-231-6520 or email us at to schedule an appointment with staff. 


ATTENTION YELLOW LETTER RECIPIENTS:   We send out septic maintenance reminder notices (yellow letters) to property owners each year. If you've received a yellow letter and have questions, please follow this link for more information:  Maintenance Reminders - More Information and Frequently Asked Questions


Helpful Links

Application Forms

Job Opportunities at Dunn County

POWTS Maintenance Letters

Dunn County Ordinances

Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services

Wisconsin Administrative Codes

Wisconsin Soil Surveys

Dunn County Clerk

Dunn County Comprehensive Land Use Plan - 2010-2030

Farmland Preservation Plan Map for Town of Otter Creek, Dunn County

Planning, Resource & Development Committee

The Dunn County Planning, Resource, and Development Committee will discuss proposed amendments to Chapter 13 Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance on May 15th at 8:30 a.m. in Room 54 at the Dunn County Government Center, 3001 US HWY 12 East, Menomonie, Wisconsin.
Persons unable to attend this meeting may submit written comments by sending an email beforehand to Persons needing assistance in accessing the meeting, please call (715) 231-6505. A copy of the proposed ordinance amendments is available for inspection at the Dunn County Planning and Land Use Control (Zoning) Office, located at 3001 US HWY 12 East, Suite 240A, Menomonie, Wisconsin, or on the Dunn County website at

Public Input and Participation

Discussions and public hearings regarding zoning regulations are conducted during Planning, Resource & Development committee meetings. These meetings typically occur on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Please visit the Dunn County Public Meeting Calendar to see scheduled meeting dates. There are several ways you can get involved:

  • Committee Meetings:  Attend our public meetings where you can learn more about the proposed changes and share your feedback directly with our planning committee and staff.
  • Public Hearings:  Attend public hearings where the proposed changes will be discussed, and you can voice your concerns or support in front of the decision-making body.

Stay Informed

To stay updated on the latest developments and announcements related to the upcoming changes to the zoning ordinance, consider following us on social media, or checking this page regularly for updates. For inquiries and/or to be added to our email update list, please contact:

Anne Wodarczyk, Planner/Zoning Administrator

715-231-6522 or